Monday, May 8, 2017

Quick Update

Hello everyone,

I know I've only posted twice on this blog, but I've got updates planned for the near future. I recently entered graduate school for Electrical Engineering, and I'm working a full time job at the same time. So I'm a bit busy! But I have a lot of ideas and a lot of projects in process. I'm working on a SNES wireless controller, and updating it to Bluetooth instead of RF for a stronger signal and PC interfacing. Should be neat!

Another big update is I'm going to be migrating this blog to Wordpress. It seems more up-to-date than Blogger, and a bit more flexibility in design. The tutorials might serve better there. I'll keep these two tutorials up, but I'll only be updating them on Wordpress once I'm finished migrating there. Of course, you can continue to comment here and I'll help out any way I can, or you can email me.

Thanks for checking this out! I'm glad I could help so many people with their NES hobby projects. I hope to expand soon to other non-Nintendo projects, too, so check back soon.

Thanks,
Nick

2 comments:

  1. If you've only posted twice, then I have found 100% of your posts useful. The information on making repros was really valuable in learning where to start, and I am currently building wireless NES controllers. Thanks for the effort you put into writing up both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad people are getting use out of my tutorials.

      I really hope to get back to making some new things soon. I ordered Bluetooth modules for the new wireless controllers, and I'm even thinking about making some custom PCBs with built in circuitry to package everything compactly without needing to extend the controller size.

      Delete